Skip to content

A prayer for Tracy, Sybrina and Jahvaris, as we are finally here! #J4TM

June 23, 2013

Father, I pray for Tracy, Sybrina, Jahvaris and others in their circle of family like Uncle Ronald and Trayvon’s grandmother,  and friends who are grieving.

They’re hurting for many reasons, and I ask You to help them through this season of loss. I reach out to You, the Father of compassion and the source of every comfort, asking You to touch them with Your unfailing love and kindness. Be their God who comforts them as they’re going through their struggles, and bring them through the tough things ahead. Come alongside them in their pain, and strengthen them so they’ll continue to be able to help others who face the same struggles. (2 Corinthians 1:3–4, Psalm 33:22, 1 Samuel 20:14a)

You’re close to people whose hearts are breaking, those who are discouraged and have given up hope. May You who see their troubles and grief respond when they cry out. (Psalm 34:18, 10:14a, 17)

When they’re hurting, help them find their joy in You, for it’s Your joy that will be their strength. Help them to trust You as their God of hope. Fill them with Your joy, peace, and hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Help them experience the love, joy, and peace that are the results of His life in them, no matter what they’re going through. (Nehemiah 8:10b, Romans 15:13, Galatians 5:22)

May they sense Your presence in this time of need.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

———————————————————————

If anyone is offended by this prayer, I apologize in advance. I know that the Martin/Fulton family is a family of faith, as am I and this prayer is for them. I believe in the power of prayer but if any of you do not, feel free to send them well wishes instead :) Thank you.

Source: Prayers for The Moment: BeliefNet.com

UPDATE: A very special video from LLMSPapa that I would like to share with you all. He says this will be his last video and he got it so right. Papa has been a mighty, brilliant Trayvon Warrior in this long road to justice. I certainly have appreciated the time and effort he has put in to share the truth, as I’m sure you all do to. Please watch and share:

About these ads
43 Comments leave one →
  1. June 23, 2013 9:44 am

I stand with you in prayer and your walk. Keep each other lifted as our Heavenly Father and Trayvon wrap you. Do believe that No Weapons Form Shall Prosper for our Heavenly Father says “Revenge is mine, stay truth with faith in him and believe it is in his hands. Bless you all.
    The Thomas Family

2. Dara permalink
    June 23, 2013 9:47 am

I am praying so hard that Sybrina, Tracy, and Jahvaris will have justice and some closure. It has been a long journey. They are the most humble, beautiful people I have seem with courage. I hope they will continue to keep Trayvon’s legacy alive and their work with the Trayvon Martin Foundation. I was with the family during the Peace Walk on Feb 9 and the Prayer and Peace Service on Jun 1. Trayvon Martin wil always lived on in my heart.

• June 23, 2013 1:49 pm

It has been a long journey for sure Dara & I am relieved that we are finally here. Not for us, or for me, but for the Martin family who have shown nothing but class, strength, courage and words of wisdom over these past 16 months. They deserve to have justice and I pray God shields their pain with having to relive 2/26/13 over the next few weeks! Thanks for posting.

3. June 23, 2013 10:02 am

Sending prayers up for this family, lean not on your own understanding but lean on the Lord, trust in him and know that through him all things are possible

4. Matthew D. Moody permalink
    June 23, 2013 10:31 am

God Bless !!!! I hope Justice prevails

5. June 23, 2013 11:32 am

Beautiful prayer, Journey! I co-sign that prayer with you. It touched my heart and brought me to tears. So be it in Jesus Name!

6. watchinu permalink
    June 23, 2013 11:45 am

I pray that God gives Sybrina, Tracy, Jahvaris and all other family members the strength to get through this most difficult time. God watch over and guide Bernie and the prosecution as they bring this case to justice. I pray that the witnesses are honest and if they’re not, that they’ll be exposed. I pray the the jury open their hearts and see the truth. I pray that everyone who had a hand in this injustice be brought to light and punished. Amen!

7. June 23, 2013 11:57 am

8. Cheryl Warren permalink
    June 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Lord God please keep your ARM of protection around this family. I am in daily prayer for their strength and encouragement today and the days to home.

9. Cheryl Warren permalink
    June 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Error. Protection and encouragement today and in the days to come.

• June 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Thanks Cheryl. Praying for a fast trial & a conviction. The less pain the family has to endure being there, the better.

10. June 23, 2013 12:22 pm

My heart and prayers are with you. Travon was A very handsome young man, taken too early. God Bless this family.And let’s pray this never happens again.

11. Jessica Horace permalink
    June 23, 2013 12:31 pm

I am praying for you and your family. I pray that you get some sort of Justice for your son as well. Just know that we haven’t forgotten you and we will NEVER forget Trayvon.

12. Shari permalink
    June 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I know this is difficult. There will be highs and lows. I also pray the jury member uphold their oath to only look at the evidence presented at trial.

13. June 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Thank you all for taking a few minutes to stop by and share your prayers for the Martin family. I believe in prayer and strength in numbers so it is greatly appreciated. Welcome to all the new posters as well :)

14. daraasimms permalink
    June 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Here is a video I think everyone can related to. One of my favorites from BeBe and CeCe Winans It’s Ok. http://youtu.be/zOkijBvJ5Yw

15. June 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Prayers going out to the Family of Trayvon Martin, God continue to keep your arms wrapped around this Family..and to the family Stay Strong Keep the Faith…

16. lala johnson permalink
    June 23, 2013 3:56 pm

lord please cover the trayvon martin family n your arms with the love n peace to get them thru n let them know the world is on there side n let there b justice for trayvon lord he did nothing wrong to cause his death lord just cover us n your precious love n jesus name we pray n ask it all ,amen……

17. June 23, 2013 4:11 pm

the was a wonderful prayer.i hope they read it.

18. Make Each Day Count permalink
    June 23, 2013 4:16 pm

May the Lord Bless this family and may we stand strong in honor of Trayvon Martin.

Thank You for the wonderful Blog J2J!

19. June 23, 2013 7:29 pm

It’s time. I’ve done all I can do. God Bless each and every one of you who have walked this long journey with me.

• June 23, 2013 7:30 pm

Thank you Papa. If you don’t mind, I’d like to update the prayer post by adding this video. It has been a pleasure to be a part of this journey with you.

• June 24, 2013 10:56 am

Papa, I can never thank you enough for your dedication to justice for Trayvon. We have lived this case through your videos and I will forever be grateful to you for that.

• blushedbrown permalink
      June 30, 2013 12:21 am

@PaPa
      I also can never thank you enough for your outstanding work and dedication for Justice for Trayvon.
      Forever Grateful
      BlushedBrown

20. June 23, 2013 7:45 pm

God bless you, Papa. It’s been a pleasure and honor to walk hand in hand with you and so many other loyal Trayvon Warriors toward our goal of justice.

21. June 24, 2013 4:15 am

May GOD The Almighty give strength to this most precious of families as they go through this, the second most difficult time in their lives. I pray that GOD will sustain them all and, that Tracy and Jahvaris will be the ever present strength for Sybrina as they all travel on this long and hard fought journey, seeking Justice For Our Precious baby boy, Trayvoon.

I also ask GOD’S Blessings for Trayvon’s maternal Grand mother and, Uncle Ronald as well. my love and prayers are with you guys now and forever more. I want you guys to always remember this, Weeping Endures For A Night but, JOY COMES IN THE MORNING. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

22. ronald permalink
    June 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you BIG PAPA!!!!!

23. Barbara permalink
    June 28, 2013 12:25 am

I hope you won’t mind my adding this Buddhist prayer for Trayvon and his entire family:

Bodhisattva Prayer for Humanity

May I be a guard for those who need protection
    A guide for those on the path
    A boat, a raft, a bridge for those who wish to cross the flood
    May I be a lamp in the darkness
    A resting place for the weary
    A healing medicine for all who are sick
    A vase of plenty, a tree of miracles
    And for the boundless multitudes of living beings
    May I bring sustenance and awakening
    Enduring like the earth and sky
    Until all beings are freed from sorrow
    And all are awakened.
    — Shantideva, Indian Buddhist sage 700 A.D.

I do pray someday his parents will be freed from their sorrow and I pray that justice is obtained for Trayvon at last.